AbstractPJM Interconnection (PJM) and 12 of its member transmission owners deployed synchrophasor measurement devices in 85 high-voltage substations and implemented a robust data collection network to provide the necessary information technology infrastructure and wide-area monitoring and coverage necessary to support further use of advanced transmission applications. The project successfully deployed phasor measurement units (PMUs), phasor data concentrators, communications systems, and advanced transmission software applications.
- Investment Grant Program
- Transmission System
- Phasor Data Concentrator (PDC)
- Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU)
- Synchrophasor Communications Network
- Increased Electric Service Reliability
- Optimized Generator Operation